What is a tummy tuck?
Brief summary :-
Tummy tuck is a 3-stage procedure in one procedure, sculpting the abdomen and middle fat, liposuction of the abdomen, and approximation of the muscles that have been separated as a result of obesity or pregnancy and repeated births, tightening sagging skin, tightening sagging skin, tightening sagging skin and making a surah beautification to suit the aesthetic shape of the abdomen. From the bottom of the abdomen, where the caesarean wound is located, but it is not as deep as the caesarean section, because all our work is on the outer layers of skin and fat.
Abdominoplasty, Abdominoplasty, Skin Tightening:
Some people resort to such procedures as tummy tuck, liposuction, liposuction of the abdomen, after the doctor directs that it is necessary to do this operation to treat sagging skin, tighten sagging skin, tighten sagging skin, in some necessary cases:
After extreme weight loss:
Some people are obese and after doing a harsh diet to lose a large amount of weight, we find that the skin has lost its elasticity and does not return to its normal position again. Here, a sagging skin tightening procedure is required to tighten the sagging skin and improve its appearance to return to the normal shape again.
Abdominal hernia Abdominal hernia:
Some patients with an abdominal hernia or an umbilical hernia use this type of surgery to treat loose and excess skin.
Repeated pregnancy and childbirth:
With repeated pregnancy and childbirth, the abdominal skin may expand significantly, Large skin tags are formed that remain after birth and do not disappear, which requires the patient to perform a tummy tuck operation to tighten these skin tags, In addition, weakness may occur in the abdominal wall, which requires tightening and strengthening the muscles. Abdominal tuck operations, surgical tuck, tummy tuck, liposuction, liposuction, tummy tuck, tummy tuck, has become a concern for both women and men alike, as it has witnessed a huge development in the recent period. The desired results were given in a short time. Since most men and women from eastern countries suffer from an increase in the size of the abdomen and its sagging and bad appearance, which spoils the appearance and negatively affects the general appearance, Therefore, many resorted to tummy tuck operations to get rid of these problems and get a flat and tight abdomen, The taut abdomen gives an attractive, streamlined shape and a beautiful body.
When thinking about resorting to tummy tuck surgery, several questions about the operation come to mind.
- Will it fit my body
- What are the process steps?
- And what will happen after the operation.
- We will answer the last of these questions in the next few lines.
Continuous pregnancy, extreme fluctuations in weight or even significant weight loss can lead to a protruding abdomen, sagging skin, sagging abdomen, and muscle weakness. From under the breasts to the pubic area, And remove excess fat and skin in the lower abdomen and the middle of the abdomen, Resulting in a flatter, tighter belly. Additionally, It is recommended that people with abdominal hernias (an umbilical hernia or a hernia through incisions in the abdomen) undergo a tummy tuck to remove wrinkles.
How to perform a tummy tuck:
- During the surgical tummy tuck, the abdominal area is completely sterilized, Then the doctor makes an incision in the lower abdominal wall.
- The incision is made horizontally. passes through the skin, subcutaneous layers, down to the abdominal muscles, Another incision can be made around the navel area.
- Then the abdominal muscles are strengthened, the abdominal muscles are treated with stitches, Then the excess skin is removed, the sagging skin is tightened, the sagging of the abdomen is tightened.
- After that, the subcutaneous layer and the skin in the abdominal area are sutured again to the surgical incision, In a way that ensures skin tightening, sagging skin is tightened in a homogeneous and even manner on all areas of the abdominal wall.
- Often not a lot of excess fatty tissue is removed during the surgery. Except in cases where excess skin is removed with a small amount of fatty tissue.
- During the operation if there is a need to repair an umbilical hernia or a hernia in an incisional incision, It is closed and repaired.
- The incision is sutured using special cosmetic stitches. Then bandages are placed.
- The surgeon leaves a tubercle inside the incision, This is in order to drain secretions and remnants of fluid and blood from the tissues.
- The surgery takes between one and two hours.
What to expect after a tummy tuck?
- When you wake up from the effect of the anesthetic, you will notice that your bed is slightly folded at the top and at the bottom. You are required to remain in this state for at least 24 hours.
- You will also notice the appearance of two tubes from the bottom of the incision that are actually nothing but two tubes to get rid of excess fluid that tends to collect under the skin, These tubes are usually removed after three to four days, but may be left for a longer period if necessary.
- The day after the operation, Encourage to get out of bed.
- When you walk for the first time, Make a slight bend and then gradually straighten it.
- You are required to wear a special belt around your abdomen for a month.
- You may feel some pain after tummy tuck surgery, tummy tuck, sagging skin, But it is easy to treat this pain with analgesics and it usually begins to fade, So when you leave the clinic, You only need some oral painkillers.
Abdominal sagging causes are:
Weakness of the abdominal muscles is the main reason that leads to the sagging of the abdomen. There are many reasons for that, The most important ones are pregnancy and childbirth. The sharp drop in weight, especially after bariatric operations, sagging abdomen is not limited to those who suffer from obesity, It may also occur to those who suffer from thinness because it occurs as a result of muscle weakness.
Perform stretching activities after the weight has stabilized to make sure there is no slack.
Do not spoil the joy of losing weight in the form of annoying sagging, which greatly affects your appearance, Your mood and your choice of clothing and it is inevitable to quit smoking completely at least two weeks before the surgery, Because of its negative effect on wound healing, patients also avoid using effective blood-thinning medications. like aspirin, To avoid bleeding during and after surgery.
Causes of sagging abdomen:
- 1- Rapid weight loss.
- 2- Weight imbalance up and down.
- 3- Repeated pregnancy.
- 4- Increasing internal belly fat.
- 5- Weakness of the abdominal muscles.
Types of tummy tuck surgery:
Small sagging in the abdomen:
Only when the lower abdomen hangs and the lower abdominal muscles are weak, Only through small cuts such as cesarean section cuts in the lower abdomen.
Abdominal sagging, tummy tuck:
If the lower abdomen is drooping and the abdominal muscles are weak, It is possible to perform liposuction, sculpt the fat first, and then tighten the sagging of the abdomen with a beautification of the navel area to suit the aesthetic shape of the abdomen and rebuild the abdominal muscles. In those cases, the wound is larger than the wound of the caesarean section and extends between the two pelvic bones.
It is suitable for people who have lost a lot of weight after bariatric surgery due to sagging abdomen, sides, lower back and buttocks, and a circular lower body lift.
How is the tummy tuck procedure done?
- 1- The patient undergoes a kidney anesthetic, and the operation takes 3 to 6 hours.
- 2- Excess fat and skin in the abdominal area are removed.
- 3- Surgical openings are stitched cosmetically.
What can I expect after tummy tuck surgery?
The results do not appear immediately after the operation, but it takes some time for the result to appear, after the removal of the swelling resulting from the operation, the result and the final form within six months at most. The patient may feel pain, especially in the first days after the operation, which disappears quickly after taking painkillers.
Abdominoplasty, Tummy Tuck
Abdominoplasty The goal of the tummy tuck operation:
- Tummy tuck surgery aims to tighten the sagging abdomen to remove excess skin, remove sagging skin and strengthen the abdominal muscles, This is when there is excess skin in large quantities and when the abdominal muscles are weak and the abdominal skin is flabby.
- In these cases, for example, Post-pregnancy and postpartum women, Those who usually suffer from sagging skin and muscle weakness in the abdominal area.
- Also, after losing a lot of weight, It is also something that leaves behind an excess of skin in large quantities, sagging skin.
- As well, Tummy Tuck is recommended, People with abdominal hernias (a hernia passing through an incision in the abdomen).
The purpose of the surgery:
- It is only a cosmetic purpose. It is generally not medically necessary. Plastic surgeries are performed in order to enhance a person’s sense of self-confidence. This is the main purpose of people resorting to cosmetic procedures, which are not medically necessary.
- Abdominoplasty surgery is directed to tighten the sagging of the abdomen when all other means fail to remove sagging skin and excess skin, And tightening and strengthening the muscles strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- The best way to prevent excessive sagging skin after massive weight loss, is exercise, Focusing on the abdominal muscles, And that is during the period of the diet aimed at losing weight and not after, and sometimes, People do not realize the importance of physical activity, After losing their weight, they suffer from a large excess of skin that used to cover a large area of fatty tissue. And cause them a source of inconvenience on the aesthetic level.
What are mini tummy tucks?
Mini tummy tuck operations, also called tummy tuck, are mini tummy tucks, which are used to treat the sagging area of the abdomen that is not excessive and tighten it to give a flat and attractive appearance to the abdomen. Through this process, it is possible to get rid of the excess skin and treat the sagging skin, which increases with the processes of pregnancy and childbirth, where the stretching of the skin occurs, Or it may occur after diet operations where the body has lost a large amount of fat and sagging skin occurs that does not respond to exercise in most cases. The only treatment for these cases is tummy tuck operations, where the muscle mass in the abdominal area is tightened from the bottom of the breasts to the pubic area to remove excess skin and fat in the middle and lower abdomen.
Are tummy tucks suitable as a treatment for local obesity?
Many people think that tummy tuck operations are synonymous with liposuction, or that it is a treatment for local obesity in the abdomen. But this belief is, of course, wrong, because this process only treats excess or flabby skin, treating sagging skin after a large amount of weight loss, where the skin is greatly sagging and lost its flexibility and it becomes necessary to perform a tummy tuck operation.
◀ Click to see the best plastic surgeon in Egypt, Ramy El-Anany, with actress Sherine El-Tahhan