إزاله الشعر بالليزر بدون الم
Laser hair removal .. What is it ?
Laser hair removal is a procedure designed to treat hair growth, In order to prevent it from returning again in the areas of the body where the person does not want hair to grow, for cosmetic reasons, Or motivated by excessive hair treatment.
During recent years, Both men and women began turning to laser treatments aimed at removing hair from several areas of the body,
Whether these areas are visible or hidden such as:
chest, back, legs, underarm, face, upper thighs, and other areas.
Laser treatment prevents the growth of melanin cells in the layers of the skin and in the hair follicles again.
The laser beams hit the melanin cells. absorbs and breaks up hair follicles, And delays or stops the growth of new hair in the area exposed to the rays.
Sometimes, The laser hair removal procedure is called “hair removal forever”, Although this term is not accurate in all cases.
Treatment does not guarantee that hair will not grow again at all.
Most treatments help reduce the amount of hair that grows significantly.
This treatment is for cosmetic purposes only. It often reduces the need to use other hair removal methods such as: Waxing, shaving, And other costly, time-wasting treatments.
In our modern age, There are several methods used to remove hair. Whether it is by laser or other modern methods aimed at injuring the hair root and preventing its growth again, Such as the use of infrared and other methods.
Preparing for laser hair removal:
There is a need for a pre-session with the doctor before performing the laser treatment, Where the doctor agrees with the patient on the areas to be treated, According to the quality of the skin, its color, hair color and thickness, In addition to the wishes of the person himself.
The doctor makes sure that there are no reasons that prevent the person from undergoing laser treatment, such as taking certain medications (such as acne medications), or others.
Sometimes, The doctor directs the person wishing to undergo treatment to do blood tests, Checking the levels of hormones in the blood (testosterone, estrogen, and thyroid function), In order to make sure that the excess hair is not the result of an increase in the levels of these hormones.
Before undergoing a laser hair removal treatment, The hair in the area to be removed must be shaved (it is necessary to inform the person undergoing treatment not to use other hair removal methods such as plucking, waxing, thread or electrical appliances).
What are the precautions that must be taken before laser hair removal?
The most important precautions are that the patient should not be exposed to sunlight and have a tan because this has a negative effect on the laser.
It is preferable to use sunblock creams before and after laser hair removal to reduce the incidence of complications.
The patient must remove any chemicals, perfumes or deodorants from the area to be laser hair removal or that will be subject to the laser beam.
What are the precautions that should be taken when using a laser hair removal device?
The most important organ in the body to maintain is the eyes and they must be covered by wearing protective glasses during the laser treatment session.
Each laser has different glasses according to the wavelength of the laser used.
Laser hair removal procedure:
Before laser treatment, The skin of the area to be treated is anointed with a local anesthetic ointment. Especially in sensitive areas such as: armpits, upper thigh, face, back, and chest. This ointment helps the laser beams to penetrate deeper layers of the skin.
In the next stage, The doctor passes the laser device on the surface of the skin in the desired area.
The laser beam hits the skin. It usually causes some discomfort or pain. Even with the use of local anesthetic ointment.
The laser beam penetrates the hair cell and hits the melanin cell.
The heat generated by the laser beam damages the follicles.
The laser hair removal treatment takes only a few minutes, However, several sessions are needed in order to remove the majority of the hair in the area.
Areas with thick or thick hair may call for, Do more treatment sessions.
Post laser hair removal stage:
After laser hair removal treatment, The person who underwent treatment goes home. Some sensitivity may appear in the skin for several days after the operation, including redness of the skin, hypersensitivity to touch, swelling, or sensitivity to sunlight. for this reason, It is recommended to avoid exposure to sunlight during the first days after treatment, Or wear protective clothing and apply sunscreen. Cold compresses can also be placed for 5-10 minutes to relieve pain and redness.
After about 5-15 days of laser hair removal, dark hair will appear on the surface of the skin, This is hair that has been treated and not new hair growth, It can be removed without any resistance by wiping it with water and a towel, for example.
In order to obtain tangible and noticeable results, The process must be repeated several times. over the course of several sessions.
It may take a few weeks to several months to complete this procedure.
Do laser hair removal sessions have complications?
One of the most important complications that we see if the device is not used in the correct way is brown spots. The patient may need several weeks or months until these pigmentations are removed by topical creams,
Therefore, there are some special precautions that are taken before and after treatment sessions, We advise the patient not to be exposed to the sun. It remains to determine the type of skin and the preferred type of laser play a key role in reducing the appearance of complications.
Does laser hair removal cause skin cancer?
Laser beams are non-ionizing beams, and by their nature they do not cause cancer. Lasers have been known since 1960 AD and until now there is not a single case of cancer that occurred to the patient after exposure to laser hair removal sessions, So we can be certain that it is 100% safe and does not cause cancer.
Laser hair removal and the appropriate age for this procedure – when is this allowed?
Laser hair removal starts thinking about it according to each case, And the nature of each girl from the other, Each girl has her own circumstances, which push her to either delay or early in laser hair removal.
but in general, The safe limits for laser hair removal remain at a minimum age between 9 and 13 years. So, It is better for a girl not to do laser hair removal before this age, While there is no problem if she is over the age of 13 and does not need to remove excess hair with a laser, as the girl at this age goes through developments and hormonal changes, which makes the rate of excessive hair appearing unstable at such an age.
It should be noted that if this is the removal of excess hair under the armpits, Or legs and even hands. As for laser hair removal from the face, for example, it is subject to different criteria and must be delayed until after the age of 12 years.
There are some types of laser that are used for some birthmarks in children aged one year or even less, if there are no age limits for using the laser. Usually, the treating doctor adjusts the given dose, taking into account the skin pattern and the area to be treated.
Is laser hair removal painful?
Usually the pain of the laser is bearable and this pain can be eliminated by applying an anesthetic cream to the place of laser hair removal.
Is laser hair removal useful for all areas of the body?
Yes, laser hair removal is useful for all areas of the body, such as the face, armpits, Hands, legs, arms, shoulders, back, abdomen, chest and sensitive areas. Laser hair removal can be used for all areas of the body without exception and whenever the hair is thick and black, The benefit was greater and better, You should also know that the laser hair removal device does not remove hair 100% from one session, and the patient needs several sessions between each session and the next, about a month, and you can easily notice the changes that occur with the sessions, such as:
The black hair weakens and reduces its color and loses a lot of the melanin pigment in it and becomes blonde
Thick hair becomes thinner and thinner leg
The appearance of hair becomes late and takes weeks to appear again
Correcting some misconceptions about laser hair removal:
Some rumors or non-medical information are scattered, especially in the recent period, that laser hair removal has many, many disadvantages on the body’s organs. So we would like to clarify:
- Laser hair removal does not cause cancer.
- Laser hair removal can be performed for pregnant women, and it is safe during pregnancy and has no harm to the fetus, as the laser does not penetrate the lower skin layers, but only the superficial layers.
- The eyes should also be covered during laser hair removal to preserve them.
Does laser hair removal cause infertility?
There is no health basis for infertility from the laser hair removal procedure or any negative effect on the body, whether internally or externally.
How many sessions of laser hair removal do I need? On what basis is it determined?
Determining the number of sessions required from one case to another depends on the type and color of hair and the amount of hair.
In general, most people need from 4 to 6 sessions, separated from one session to another, a period of 3 to 4 weeks, according to the hair growth cycle, and it varies from one region to another. After hair removal, 70% of the hair dies, while some of it reappears, but it is lighter in color, less thick and able to grow, and thus is not noticeable.
From the most groups of people who benefit from laser hair removal:
Of course, this does not mean that others do not benefit, but to obtain the same results, more sessions must be done.
Can pregnant women undergo laser hair removal sessions?
Yes , There is not the slightest harm to a pregnant woman from undergoing hair removal sessions in any month of pregnancy, And it has no harm to the fetus because the laser penetrates only the superficial layers of the skin and does not reach the lower layers only, let alone the muscle layer and the placenta. Therefore, it is very safe if used during the entire period of pregnancy as well as breastfeeding.
What if I use a laser hair removal device during breastfeeding?
It is completely safe during the breastfeeding period and does not affect the breastfeeding or the mother
Is it true that laser hair removal is not suitable for brown skin and that it is specifically for people with white skin only?
This statement is not true at all. All studies have confirmed and proven that laser hair removal is suitable for all skin types. Even black, but it is necessary to know how to use the laser and to be done by an expert or a specialized doctor, As it is necessary to reduce the power of the laser for brown skin.
Also, recently, new devices have appeared that take care of brown skin, in particular. Cooling devices have been added to the laser device to suit this type of skin. It is necessary to choose the appropriate laser and the appropriate power for each skin, and this requires experience in dealing with different types of skin.
The beginning of the emergence of laser hair removal devices:
The laser hair removal devices dedicated to this process remained under the framework of the experiment for about 20 years before they came out into the light and were spread and actually applied to patients in the mid-nineties, after it was proven effective in treating excess and unwanted hair from all parts of the body.
Ruby is one of the best types of laser hair removal devices:
- Its wavelength is 690 nanometers
- Among the most important devices that work with this system: RubyStar, Palomar E2000
- The ability of the melanin pigment “in the hair follicle” to absorb this ray or light is very large and wonderful.
- It is one of the most effective devices, especially for white skin and black hair.
- It is not suitable for brown skin because it may cause brown spots and distortions.
- Therefore, it is little used in the Arab regions because of its danger to brown skin.
- Its wavelength is 755 nanometers
- Among the most important devices that work with this system: GentleLASE, Apogee, EpiTouch Plus
- It is the longest wave of the ruby and its effectiveness is close to it.
- The ability to absorb melanin is excellent, but less than ruby.
- Less painful than ruby and more suitable for brown skin, it is effective and relatively safe, especially with the use of cooling in modern laser devices.
- There is a possibility of some traces of pigmentation or disfigurement if the user is not experienced .
- Therefore, it is the most widely used device in our region.
- Its wavelength is 800 nanometers
- Among the most important devices that work with this system: SLP 1000, F1 Diode, LaserLite, Epistar, Light Sheer, MeDioStar, Apex 800.
- It is one of the modern devices whose effectiveness is also close to the Alexandrite device.
- The ability to absorb melanin is good, but less than ruby and alexandrite.
- It is believed that it is theoretically less affected than others for exposure to the risk of disfigurement, pigmentation and inflammation with the use of cooling.
- Practical experience showed that the results are similar .
- Its wavelength is 1064 nm
- Among the most important devices that work with this system: CoolGlide, Varia, Athos, Medlite IV, Lyra, Image
- The ability of melanin to absorb it is much less than the previous devices.
There are two types of this device:
- Q-switched Nd:YAG Infusion with a short pulse of 3 nanoseconds (three thousandths of a second) , and it is the safest device, but its effectiveness is very weak and hair appears faster than others and its complications are very rare.
- Nd:YAG long pulse is a device with a long pulse of 10 nanoseconds (10 thousandths of a second) or more. It is one of the most modern devices and is effective, but it is painful and very useful in the case of thick black hair.
(Intense pulse light) ( IPL)
- Its wavelength ranges from 590 nm to 1100 nm .
- IPL phototherapy is less effective than laser .
- Among the most important devices that work with this system: Aculight, or Vasculight, EpiLight, Quantum, PhotoDerm.
- IPL is the fastest device compared to other laser devices for one session time, due to the large area of the head from which the light flows.
- Filters are used to select the appropriate wavelengths to be used.
- It should be used by specialists to determine the appropriate degree for each patient, and to avoid complications.
- Its risks are similar to those of the visible light laser .
* The truth is that all laser hair removal devices are effective and safe. if what used correctly, Therefore, it is experience that determines the percentage of negative effects.
* We may see negative effects from the best devices and the reason is not in the device, but from the user, vice versa.
In the recent period, there has been a boom in the combination of laser hair removal devices to combine their advantages:
One of the most important and latest integrated laser hair removal devices is Nd:YAG & Alexandrite
What are the benefits of laser hair removal?
- Laser hair removal from large areas of the skin in the same session
- The pain associated with laser hair removal is very simple and bearable compared to traditional methods
- Laser hair removal is as fast and effective as shaving hair with a blade, But the difference is that it lasts for a longer period, especially after several sessions, the hair may disappear permanently, And if it returns, it comes back in a softer, lighter and invisible way, which helps to smooth and lighten the skin
- The laser hair removal procedure can be applied to all areas of the body, It is effective for people with light and dark hair alike, and the laser hair removal process produces distinctive positive results from it!
1. Accuracy: It is possible to control when using the laser by choosing the areas precisely, coarse hair, It leaves the surrounding skin undamaged.
2. Speed: Each pulse of the laser takes milliseconds and can deal with several hairs at the same time. And with an area the size of a coin within one second, A small area such as above the upper lip can be prepared in one click. As for larger areas, such as the man’s back, it takes about an hour.
3. Expectation: Most people start getting rid of hair permanently after 3-7 sessions.