What is blepharoplasty?
Brief summary :-
The process of tightening the upper or lower eyelids or both together in the upper eyelids takes place from the place of the tween in the upper and lower eyelids, from the place of the lower eyelashes and using local anesthetic and takes place from half an hour to an hour, but the most appropriate for the case is determined after a medical diagnosis based on many medical criteria, such as the percentage of sagging skin quantity Lines around the eye.
Eye expressions eyelid tightening:-
Eye expressions are an important part of our appearance and our personal traits. Fatigue, flabby, swollen eyelids appear on the face, signs of old age, fatigue, stress and sadness, even if this is not the attitude and feelings of its owner. Leading in age, lack of slumber and harmful environment effects are among the most common reasons for sagging eyelids, which leads to sagging eyelids. In a large number of cases, the so-called tears bags are formed, which is an accumulation of fat in the lower eyelid, and through the blepharoplasty process, the modification of the eyelids is written off, thus obtaining a face that shows above the features of young men, freshness and strength.
The sagging of the upper eyelid not only leads to the appearance of a bad look, but also leads again and again to cover the viewing angle. In this circumstance, an eyelid lift surgery should be performed, and in the upper or lower eyelid surgery, the removal or reduction of the skin, muscles, fats, and excess fat is taken with great care, and a surgical operation takes place. Upper and lower eyelid tightening is usually done in the outpatient clinic using local anesthesia or if desired, using either regional anesthesia or general anesthesia and lasts about sixty to 90 minutes and the opening action for this operation ends at the crease fold of the upper eyelid. The way the operation wound is not obvious to the eyes.
Is eyelid tugging suitable for me? Is eyelid tugging suitable for me?
Blepharoplasty Blepharoplasty is a common cosmetic procedure in patients starting from the age of thirty, It is primarily used to combat the effects of skin aging and to lead to aging. The skin gradually loses its elasticity along with the continuous pulling down from gravity, This causes excess skin to accumulate in the upper eyelids. Causing drooping eyelids. The main trigger for lower eyelid aging is sagging skin and muscles underneath.
Qualifications for blepharoplasty:-
Adult women and men who have healthy facial tissues and muscles and realistic goals to improve the upper and lower eyelids and the area around them are the most suitable candidates for this surgery.
What can I expect after blepharoplasty?
After the surgery, he advises using cold compresses and rest, as he advises to avoid direct sunlight. Within 5 to 8 days, the stitches are removed, and after two weeks at most, the swelling resulting from the surgery will disappear completely, and after 3 weeks, it is possible to return to performing sports activities for the process of eyelid pulling. Eyelid tightening effect As its success continues for a long time, and sometimes it is possible to perform both eyelid traction and eyebrow raising operations at the same time. To serious problems in leadership or when operating machinery that need advice and full awareness in the field of insight and in this situation it is necessary to search for a solution to this functional and aesthetic defect, The solution lies in the process of tightening and beautifying the eyelids.
What is the process of eyelid grafting? What is the eyelid lift and how is it done?
The operation to tighten the upper and lower eyelids eliminates the saggy skin of the eye and those sagging skin that gives an external appearance of fatigue to your face and reduces the field of vision, disturbing the elderly and causing visual dysfunction, and it will be at the hands of a topical analgesic drug for half an hour for each eye, and it is a simple surgical operation It is permissible to make the upper one only or the lower one only, or both of them together.
Eyelid pulling surgery means eyelid tightening to treat drooping eyelids, which eliminates vision problems. improve the external appearance of the eyes, It is also used to remove excess saggy skin that surrounds the eyes, Which usually increases with age when the muscles that are in position to support the eyelids are not able to do this because they weaken with the passage of time and as a result of the deterioration of the muscles, it is expected that fat will accumulate above and below the eyelids, Which causes blurring of the eyebrows, Drooping eyelids and causing pockets to form under the eyes, and this surgery can limit or eliminate in a manner the totality of the field of view problems caused by drooping eyelids.
Reasons for doing this surgery:-
It is possible to see the procedure of eyelid pulling and eyelid tightening if the patient suffers from:-
- Swelling of the upper eyelids or the formation of pockets.
- Excess skin in the upper eyelids, which limits the field of view.
- sagging lower eyelids, Which causes the whites of the eye below the iris (the colored part of the eye) to be exposed.
- Pockets under the eyes.
- Complications of blepharoplasty
It becomes related to blepharoplasty with a number of complications, such as the following:-
- The abrasion is infected.
- Scars at the site of surgery.
- Trauma with dry eye syndrome.
- Hematoma of the optic nerve.
Before the operation: – Eyelid lift surgery:
Before deciding the timing of the surgery, the patient should meet with a plastic surgeon in order to decide on the efficacy of the surgery in his case. That conference usually includes :-
- The medical history of the patient: The plastic surgeon may ask the patient before performing the surgery about the diseases that the patient has suffered in the past and present, such as glaucoma, or sensitivity in the eye area, and other problems in the eyes, and the patient must inform the doctor if he suffers from thyroid diseases, high blood pressure, and eye problems, or if he suffers from diabetes, as the doctor is expected to ask before performing the surgery about the medications that the patient is taking chronically, Including over-the-counter medications and even nutritional supplements and herbs such as ginkgo, Ginseng or garlic and ginger, which will double the risk of bleeding.
- Physical analysis: The surgeon will perform a thorough physical analysis, Which includes checking your eyesight and ability to produce tears just as it will use a special device to measure parts of your eyelid.
- Imaging :- Before performing the surgery, the doctor will photograph the eyelids from many angles and positions. These images participate in the strategy of the course of the surgery and help to estimate the long-term effects of that surgery.
It also requires avoiding:-
- Drinking alcohol before surgery
- It should also stop taking any drugs that prevent blood clotting, Such as: Aspirin and even ibuprofen, and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, And plant food additives known for their ability to cause bleeding.
- It is recommended that you stop taking these medications two weeks before the surgery.
- You can return to the use of these drugs after consulting a doctor.
During the procedure:-
The following are the steps for performing the blepharoplasty process:
If the patient undergoes upper and lower eyelid surgery at the same time, The surgeon will operate the upper eyelid first and the surgeon will make an incision along the natural crease of the upper eyelid and then remove the excess skin and a few muscle and fat fibers that are located under the skin and complete the closure of this incision by a thin suture that leaves almost no scars from time to time In order to close the incision, a special bundle or surgical glue is used for the skin, and the incision that ends in the lower eyelids is completed immediately below the eyelashes. Within the boundaries of the eye’s natural wrinkle area or completely within the lower eyelid, the doctor will remove the excess fatty tissue, muscles and excess skin where the stitching is either from the inner side of the eyelid or from below the eyelashes, Depending on the location of the incision, and if the eyelid is sagging along the pupil, another surgery will be performed in addition to eyelid surgery to treat this problem, which is called ptosis, and eyelid surgery can be done simultaneously with another surgery, Such as raising the eyebrows or pulling the face in the event that the patient had performed the surgery only in order to revise his external model, It is expected that health protection will not be concerned with covering the costs of the surgery.
After doing the operation:-
Eyelid surgery Eyelid lift surgery usually takes less than two hours, This is related to the location and size of the excess fibers that need to be removed, and then the patient can wake up in the relief room, and later on that day the patient can recover and return to complete the process of recovery at home. in it for a day, He will also complete this surgical operation under the influence of local anesthesia, and the surgeon will inject the patient’s eyelids with an anesthetic, It also ends providing the patient with intravenous medications to calm him down, and these drugs will cause him to lose familiarity slightly. But the patient will remain awake and will not sleep as a result of these substances. It is also required that the patient be under observation for a period of time to ensure the stability of the position. Just as he finishes prescribing a few analgesics to relieve the pain, and the patient should refrain as much as possible from exposing his skin to the sun for a week before the date of the surgery and after the surgery for a period of 3 months. After undergoing the surgery, the patient will receive eye drops to protect the eyes from drying out. Cold compresses in order to reduce swelling of the eyelids, and if the incision is closed with stitches, they must be removed within 3-4 days.
In the event that the patient did not receive any instructions from the surgeon, after performing the blepharoplasty, he must adhere to the following means of attention for a week after performing the surgery:-
- Weights exceeding 9 kg are not permitted.
- Refrain from swimming
- refrain from excessive activity, Such as doing aerobic exercise or running.
- The patient should be committed to raising his head to a rate higher than the height of his chest while falling asleep.
- Adherence to the doctor’s instructions regarding cleaning the eyes and the use of eye drops.
- The patient should go immediately to receive treatment if he feels short of breath, or chest pain, irregular heartbeat, unusual pain, Bleeding or vision problems.
The results of the surgery:- Eyelid lift operations:-
The duration of the scars disappearance at the site of the surgery may take 6 months and even more, as the patient must protect and preserve the delicate skin of the eyelids from exposure to sunlight during this period of time. Their self-confidence as a result of the young and lively appearance that they obtained as a result of this surgery, and the majority of individuals who underwent that surgery, the results of which remained the same and did not change during their lives, But there are a limited number of patients who are expected to return and their eyelids will droop again and the skin will begin to lose its elasticity with age, Signs of sagging skin begin to appear on the face, especially the area around the eyes. What is the action of eyelid pulling and laser eyelid tightening to correct this situation? The skin around the eyes and eyelids loses its elasticity due to a number of factors, including: the relaxation of the muscles around this place, and a decrease in the production of collagen in a natural way in the skin, gravitational effect, The forum of these causes leads to sagging in the eyelids.
Continue reading the following topic to know everything you are interested in about laser eyelid lift: Laser eyelid lift:- Laser eyelid lift:
Recently, laser techniques have appeared that have replaced the surgical activities of the grocery store, whether for aesthetic or therapeutic reasons, including laser eyelid pulling, laser eyelid tightening: This technique corrects a number of differences in that place.
- Removing puffiness and hollows under the eyes
- Changing the asymmetry between the eyelids
- And remove the wrinkles around the eyes and tightened.
Before the procedure of laser eyelid pulling, laser eyelid tightening :-, the doctor will place local anesthesia on the eyelids and use metal protectors to secure the eyes during the procedure. The skin, which in turn works to tighten the skin in an instantaneous manner, and maintain those results for a period of time that can reach five years. In addition, the heat resulting from the laser beams stimulates the production of collagen in the skin cells, which leads to tightening the eyelids and changing their appearance.
Which is better: laser or surgical eyelid retraction? Laser blepharoplasty or surgical blepharoplasty:- Eyelid lift operations Eyelid lift surgery:-
When surgically tightening the eyelids, The doctor makes an incision in the upper and lower eyelids in order to change the division of fat in the space, remove the saggy skin and so sew the wound, What is lacking in a hospital, In addition to the possibility of bleeding and the need for a longer recovery time, The appearance of scars at the disposal site of the wound and at the present time, The preference for the procedure of eyelid pulling has increased laser blepharoplasty rather than the classic surgical procedure for several reasons, including:
- no need to injure the eyelids, This reduces the possibility of bleeding and healing faster, as there is no direct damage to the fibers.
- No scar tissue on the eyelids.
- Enlargement of the area around the eyes in a smaller fashion.
- The possibility of performing laser eyelid pulling in the doctor’s office under local anesthesia for a short period, The patient returned home on the same day.
- Avoid exposure to risk factors associated with surgical activities, as complications of general anesthesia, Exposure to a bacterial or viral infection or an increased chance of clots.
- Satisfactory results are obtained at a smaller monetary cost compared to surgical measures.
Side effects of laser eyelid tightening Laser eyelid tightening:
Aside from the fact that blepharoplasty and laser blepharoplasty are a relatively safe procedure compared to conventional surgery, However, like any medical procedure, it may involve a large number of side effects and dangers. We mention them when:
- Swelling or puffiness around the eyes.
- The appearance of traces of injuries and peeling of the site of the use of laser beams on the skin.
- The possibility of redness of the area for several weeks.
- possibility of soreness, modest bleeding, Inflammation of the eye or skin color changing from laser beams to either lighter or darker.
Contraindications to laser eyelid grafting :- There are many pathological conditions that contradict the procedure of lid tugging and laser blepharoplasty because of the danger of using laser beams on the patient, we mention the most important of them as follows:-
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Suffering from diseases that affect the normal rate of blood clotting.
- Suffering from some eye diseases, Such as increased intraocular pressure, dry eye syndrome, or previous eye or facial surgery.
- Suffering from a viral, bacterial, instinctive infection, or any chronic infections in the body.
- Exposure to epileptic seizures.
- Suffering from cardiovascular disease, diabetes, or any disease involving the endocrine glands.
Tips for laser eyelid tightening:
If you want to do a laser eyelid lift, You can follow the following instructions before and after taking action to avoid or reduce the severity of side effects:
- Inform the doctor about any medical condition the person suffers from because there are a few cases that contradict this procedure, In addition to the medications and nutritional supplements the person is taking.
- Abstaining from drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco for a period of two weeks before and after the act, As drinking cigarettes increases the time needed to heal.
- Stop taking a limited number of medicines that the doctor decides to stop, such as medicines that may affect blood clotting, blood thinners such as: aspirin, and ibuprofen or supplements containing vitamin E.
- Take the medications that the doctor may prescribe before acting, Such as: antibacterial drugs, And antiviral drugs to prevent infection and inflammation in the eyes.
- Do not use hot baths or saunas, And sleep on the back and on a raised pillow.
- Not using cosmetics and waiting for the area to heal perfectly before returning to using oil-free enhancement products.
- Be careful to keep the area clean and use the ointment prescribed to you by your doctor to reduce the appearance of crusts.
- Do not stay in the sun for a long time and in direct fashion, and be sure to use a sunscreen with a security factor of at least thirty (SPF thirty).
Eyelid traction Eyelid tightening is a category of operations whose goal is to repair drooping eyelids, which causes an external appearance to increase the age of the person and in a limited number of cases causes a reduction in peripheral vision, which is treated in the act of eyelid surgery, which gives the person a minimum life and corrects him in general viewing. in the eyes.
Cases that require eyelid traction surgery: –
- If there is sagging in the upper eyelids
- Excess skin on the upper eyelids affects vision
- Excess skin on the lower eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
Eye plastic surgery before and after
In the process of eyelid tugging, blepharoplasty, the patient needs to go to an eye specialist doctor, ie an ophthalmologist, or the context to a professional plastic surgeon in the eyes. And if he was exposed to any previous pathological condition such as dry eyes, allergies, or glaucoma, the doctor also takes care before performing the eyelid pull operation, if the patient suffers from circulatory problems, thyroid problems, or diabetes.
Before plastic eyelid surgery, the patient will undergo the following:
- Physical analysis: It includes a tear test and measurement of parts of the patient’s eyelids before eyelid upgrade
- insight analysis: Completes analysis of the eyes and peripheral insight of the patient
- Eyelid imaging: The eye is photographed from different angles, and the importance of these images before eyelid activities is that they help the doctor in the strategy for surgery and evaluate the suitability of the blepharoplasty in an approximate manner.
As for the eyelid upgrade process, the doctor’s instructions regarding the failure to eat medications that cause blood flow in a way that does not conflict with the degrading of the healthy patient and to stop smoking and drinking alcohol because this delays the recovery stage after the eyelid surgery.
How is eyelid tugging, blepharoplasty, blepharoplasty:
The surgeon begins by injecting an analgesic drug into the eyelid and gives a treatment through a vein to help the patient relax if the patient will undergo the process of pulling the eyelids to tighten the upper eyelids and pull the lower eyelids. Excess skin, muscle, and fat, after which the wound is closed and then moved to the lower eyelid by cutting the lower eyelashes directly into the natural crease of the eye or within the lower eyelid. The eyelids are between one to two hours. Then, after the eyelid surgery, Al-Orayed will spend time in the clearance room to be monitored and to check on his condition that there are no complications.
What are the effects of eyelid plastic surgery:-
Following surgical eyelid procedures, the patient faces:
- Blurred vision due to the ointment or the so-called eyelid upgrade serum so far the operation
- watery eyes
- sensitivity to light
- double vision
- Puffy eyelids and numbness
- Injuries and swelling
- Feeling of pain and discomfort
Medication after eyelid surgery:
- Ice bags can be used on the eyes for ten minutes every hour from four to five times a day
- Avoid straining and swimming for a week yet lifting eyelids
- Avoid smoking tobacco
- Not rubbing the eyes after eyelid surgery
- It is not possible to use contact lenses for two weeks after cosmetic eyelid surgery
- He advises wearing dark sunglasses to protect the skin and eyelids from the sun and wind
- After the eyelid surgery, he advises to sleep with the head raised above the chest for a few days
- In the event of bleeding, chest pain, irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath, you should go to the doctor immediately and seek medical attention.
Eyelid surgery pictures:- A large number of patients after blepharoplasty express their satisfaction with the results of upper eyelid traction and lower eyelid traction, that they noticed a positive difference and comments from those around them in the results in eyelid traction procedures before and after, and that it was an excellent attempt that gave them calmness and self-confidence again after 14 days Just out of the process.
Eyelid upgrade with fillers:-
Filling the eyelids with filler is an alternative medicine to the process of surgically pulling the eyelids to give a more youthful external appearance to the eye. The filler can treat lower eyelid bags and dark circles. The dermal filler is used to revise the hollow external appearance and correct the sagging eyelids in some cases: Read also: Under-eye filler to repair eyelids Blepharoplasty is also used in blepharoplasty in cases where there is a scarcity in the size of the upper eyelid, so its model appears sagging and that the use of fillers is also a successful method in blepharoplasty without surgery and making the eyelids look more harmonious. The long-term effect of eyelid grafting with filler exceeds between one and two years. The filler injection for tightening the eyelids is made of hyaluronic acid. The duration of the operation is between 10 – a quarter of an hour only. A little anesthesia is used in the process, but it is not necessary because the pain is calculated and usually uses modest amounts in a large way with the filling, and the injection may be over several sessions until the patient feels And the doctor said that they had reached the desired and good results in eyelid pulling operations with fillers. If the patient is not satisfied with the results of the eyelid tightening process using fillers, the doctor may use an enzyme injection that dissolves hyaluronic acid and remains a type of filler medication by adding weights to the upper eyelid to help the eyelids close, especially After cases associated with cerebral palsy, the instructions for memorization must be adhered to after eyelid surgery without surgery, not to wear make-up and exposure to the sauna for a period of about a week. .
The price of eyelid enhancement surgery eyelid lift:-
The eyelid pulling operation, some of it is for aesthetic reasons and some of it for medical reasons. The cost of the operation may be covered by the institutions providing protection. Once the factors are medical and it caused blurring of vision and severe drooping of the eyelids. Usually, the procedure of eyelid tugging is once in life, and very few of their eyelids droop again and beautify Eyelids are not the same as the prices of eyelid operations from one country to another in terms of eyelid surgery, as the price of eyelid surgery is moderate and appropriate with the best plastic doctors and eye surgery specialists. Laser eyelid tightening, and the doctor determines the appropriate action according to the patient’s circumstance and the expected results in the wake of each action. On the basis of it, he prefers whether the process of pulling the eyelids by surgery will give the patient higher results than if he resorted to pulling the eyelids without surgery.
Blepharoplasty (blepharoplasty) Blepharoplasty Blepharoplasty Blepharoplasty is a complete procedure to restore the worn-out appearance of the eye lid area, in which the signs of aging slowly become apparent with age and the steady gravitational factor that is difficult to resist. Therefore, the need for eyelid traction, eyelid surgery, and a blepharoplasty increases. Pulling the eyelids treats the remnants of leadership in age and lack of care for the skin, which leads to a decrease in fatty tissue in the skin and around the eye, and then it is impossible for the skin to resist sagging, which causes the skin to sag. It also leaves the effect of the drooping eyelid on the perfection and authenticity of vision, and the eye feels tired and heavy, Which makes the face appear older in general, with eyelid lift surgery, the discomfort and anxiety caused by age or the accumulation of fat in the eyelids can be eliminated. which also appears in young ages, Therefore, by pulling the eyelids, the solution to upgrading the eyelids by pulling the eyelids ends, This gives patients of all ages a younger and healthier appearance.
Tips after eyelid surgery:
To pass the recovery phase safely after the operation, we advise patients to adhere to the recommendations and instructions from the front side in the style of advice after eyelid surgery:-
- To reduce swelling, we recommend applying cold compresses immediately after the operation
- To relieve pain and tingling, we recommend using analgesics and sticking to rest
- To avoid any infections, please take the antibiotic that is prescribed by the treating surgeon
- To speed up the recovery, we recommend taking care of all the aforementioned tips following the eyelid surgery, covering the eyelids during napping, and providing dark darkness.
- Adherence to the moisturizing drops and the recommended medications, and also requires care for the cleanliness of the hands and face during the recovery period.
Some links for the procedure: